If you’re reading this and considering booking for your own senior photography session, this blog post is for you!
I want you to know your grade 12 year is such an incredible season full of memories that will leave a lasting impact on your heart: friendships, grad events, prom, campus visits and big decisions. And, it’s also a season of scary choices and life change. My number one priority as your graduate photographer is to capture the real, natural joy during such an exciting season of your life. Your images will capture you in beautiful, natural poses that reflect your happiness and give you memories to look back on for years to come.
So WHY is professional senior photography so important?
- Document all that you have accomplished in your life thus far
- Celebrate the future and freedom that is yet to come
- Allow your individual style and personality to shine
- Make parents HAPPY and PROUD
- Memories! When you look at these photos 5, 10, 30 years down the road, your mind will be flooded with memories of some of the best years of your life!
What do I need to know to book the best photographer for my senior photography?
Choosing your senior photographer can be a challenge! There are so many talents photographers in Creston – where do you even begin? One of the big differentiating factors between senior photographers here is the experience that you get with them.
Some photographers offer something that’s very transactional – you book your session, show up, and then you receive your photos. That’s it. They may be a family photographer or a wedding photographer, but they don’t necessarily specialize in seniors. I would categorize this photographer as transactional.
While other photographers, like me, want to provide you with an unforgettable senior experience. I specialize in both seniors and weddings, and have worked really hard to create something that seniors want to be a part of, something that they look forward to throughout their senior year! This is what I call a relational photographer.
What can you expect from a Dayle Wiens Photography Senior Session?
While there’s nothing wrong with a transactional photographer (there are plenty of clients who just want a shoot & that’s it), I believe that there is so much more value when you’re given an experience. Here’s why:
- You are choosing a photographer who wants to get to know her clients, you’ll ensure that your portraits are more customized to YOU. At the start of my senior experience, I send my seniors a get-to-know-you questionnaire and style guide. This helps me understand their personalities, get to know their likes & dislikes, etc., so that ultimately we can plan a session that uniquely tells your senior story!
- I will be available to answer all your questions regarding “what to wear?” and great location choices for you and much more!
- Your images will be real, natural and the beautiful you!
- Your Senior Photography session will be completely customized to make it feel uniquely yours.
- My goal is to make you feel comfortable, confident and and radiant in front of the camera. I will pose and guide you for our entire shoot – no modeling experience required!
Do you want to know more about senior photography sessions?
I would love to chat more and send you samples of my work with senior photography! Also stay tuned into my instagram or facebook page as I will be starting my first ever Senior Photography Spokesmodel Program for my grads of 2022!